Sharing What I Find

Instructional Design and Technology in Education

Nexus 7 Review

I had an opportunity to experiment with a Nexus7 tablet, an android device that runs all-things google. I have an ipad2 which I use daily. I really like the small, narrower size of the Nexus, although I did not find it very easy to type more than a few words. I think that if I used my consumer google account as thoroughly as I use my @alaska google account I would love how the Nexus 7 as it easily handles all the individual components of google without having to continuously logging in to individual accounts. I watched a couple of movie trailers which was quite impressive with the nexus 7 LCD display, although I expect that the ipad3 will also impress me once I get may hands on one.

I want my device to allow me to create things just as much as I want to read or get information. I was able to read, listen, and see material but didn’t find it very easy to create.

Author: Heidi Olson

Heidi enjoys working with content experts in developing eCampus courses to provide alternatives for students. Her other interests include faculty training in best practices for eCampus and researching eCampus tools to help fulfill learning outcomes. Having worked in the distance education arena for over 20 years, she has a wide range of experiences in supporting students and faculty as technology and pedagogy evolve.